Thursday, January 17, 2008

my precious little ones

A couple of years ago I took in a cat that was very neglected to say the least and very pregnant. She looked like she had swallowed a football she was so huge. She was also completely wild and quite psycho to say the least. I did feel bad however when I brought the poor thing home and placed her in a quiet back room so she could try and adjust to a new home (man was I wrong!) and once I opened that cat carrier that poor thing flew out of that crate and literally climb my walls and hung herself up in my miniblinds! (no she didnt get hurt thank god but I wished I had gotten it on camera cause it was unbelievable!) I finally got her to calm down enough to help her out of the mini blinds. I got her settled as much as I could and left her alone for a bit and I would come in and talk quietly to her off and on for the next several days until she finally had her kittens...I thought all was going to be well....man I cant even begin to tell you just how wrong I was. Once she had all 6 kittens I noticed that she suddenly drew herself back into a corner and every time a kitten made its way to her she would hiss and growl at it refusing to feed it and run as far as she could from it. I decided to give it a few more hours to see if being left alone would help. This unfortunately did not. I finally made a decision which I do not regret making to pull the kittens and hand raise them myself. I no longer have the mother cat but I ended up with the most loving and beautiful cats anyone could want. It was a lot of work but I wouldnt change a thing!
only a few hours old

this little one didnt make it unfortunately

so small they fit in the palm of my hands
after eating they had to be burped.
My little alien dude! lol
bath time!
play time!
little cuddle bugs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice story!! and love the 'alien' pics!!